- Jörg Grabosch is the new member of the management board of VIVA Media AG responsible for "Content" (CCO)
- VIVA Media AG’s CEO Dieter Gorny is the new CEO of the Management Board at BRAINPOOL TV AG
- BRAINPOOL TV AG transferred from the "New Market" (Neuer Markt) to the "regulated market" (Geregelter Markt) as of January 14, 2002
The first episode of Anke Engelke’s new comedy sketch show "Ladykracher" (Lady Cracker) was a smash hit: a total of 3.29 million viewers (corresponding to a market share of 12.3%) were whisked off into the bizarre everyday world of the female sex. In the advertising-relevant target group, 2.25 million men and women tuned into the show, equating to a market share of 18.5%.more
- Transfer of BRAINPOOL TV AG from the Neuer Markt to the regulated market („Geregelter Markt“) requested from January 14, 2002
- Last day of trading of BRAINPOOL TV AG on the Neuer Markt expected on January 11, 2002
- Short-term squeeze-out of the remaining minority shareholders of BRAINPOOL TV AG envisaged
The world’s "highest" single, "Wir kiffen", acquires Gold status.
After the first music audio play by Stefan Raab rocketed straight into the charts at Number Three, "Wir kiffen" – with more than 250,000 CDs delivered – is on a direct course for Gold.